Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The First of Three

Yeah, this is going to be a quick post, but i just had my first fantasy football draft of the season. Needless to say, I am not that confident. (Good Thing this is a free league with the lady's coworkers)

I had the 5 pick out of a 10 team league. The first round was horrible for me. I knew that LT, AP and Westbrook would be gone by my pick came around. I was just hoping that Addai would somehow fall to me at 5. Well that dream shattered and i had to choose between Stephen Jackson, Randy Moss and Tom Brady and number 5. I usually hate picking QBs in the first round so I passed on the gimp who really isn't a gimp. Stupid Bellicheat and his lying. Also you only get 4 points per passing TD. I also did not want to pick an injury prone RB who has a shitty O-line with my first pick so i settled for everybody's favorite Nascar aficionado, Randy Moss. (WTF? Nascar??)

After that pick it didn't get any better. See for yourself.

QB - Brett Favre, Jason Campbell (embarrassing)
WR - Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Torry Holt, Greg Jennings, Ted Ginn
RB - MJD, Jamal Lewis, Selvin Young, Matt Forte, Ricky Williams
TE - Kellen Winslow
K - Mason Crosby
D - Jax

Go ahead and make fun of my team. I deserve to be kicked in the nuts for many of these picks...well except for Matt Forte (I'm a homer. Go bears) And don't remind me of the drama queen pick. I cant believe i picked Brett Favre. I cried a little after that one.

2 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Favre and Campbell? I thought you hate Favre...

Chitown8467 said...

i do hate Favre. I hated this pick but nobody was left. I waited a long time to pick a QB.